Chance of snow canceling school this week? Try these School closing plans for children.
It’s winter time and there is always a chance for snow. That means school can be canceled at any given time.
So, what are your school closing plans for children?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Am I a prepared parent?
- Do I know what my child’s school policies and procedures are for snow days?
- Do I have a “plan B” for when the kids will be sent home?
School closing plans for children this winter
If you are a stay-at-home mom or dad, then this may not be a problem.
However, if you have to work, then it is time to set up a “Plan B” for school cancellation snow days.
Here are a few ideas for you to try:
- Do you have a family member to watch the children on snow days? Perhaps, an older child, aunt, uncle or grandparent may be able to help you.
- Do you have a neighbor you can trust?
- Is there a baby sitter that you trust?
- Is there another parent in your child’s class that can watch the children for you?
- Day care centers.
What if you are a stay-at-home parent?
Even parents that don’t work need to have a “Plan B”.
- Will I be able to be there for my child if they get sent home early?
- Do I have a way to pick my children up at school in case I need to?
- Do I have plans and activities to keep my children busy in case they will be spending the day indoors with me?
The key is to prepare now!
It is wise to think and plan ahead. This way there are no surprises.
It’s just like when you are looking for elementary school shop ideas or want to plan a School Holiday Shop Fundraiser. The sooner you start planning your school holiday shop, the better it will turn out.
So too, just as you want to plan for your school holiday boutique, you must plan for what you will do when school is canceled.
In the meanwhile, if you are going to be home with the kids when school is canceled, you might as well enjoy it, right?
Looking for some fun snow day ideas for kids? Then you will enjoy this blog post.