Planning Guide | Plan your school holiday shop sale
School Holiday “Gift Shop Certificate Program”
It’s Great – Read About it Here
- Send emails to family and friends – and allow them to sponsor your child’s purchases
- Safe for the children – avoid potential bullying or lost money issues
- No extra cost – no extra fees
- Use just like cash – if your child has a $25 gift certificate and only spends $21, they will get $4 back in change
Additional Brand New Services
- “No Count Inventory” Option – a huge time saver, just box it up and send it back.
- Accept card purchases at the shop using your smart phone – it’s simple and secure
- Cash register App 2.0 – new and filled with options
- Animated Kick Off Video – a great way to get the kids excited and to enjoy our ongoing contests
100% Risk Free Shop vs. Buying Products Locally
Our experience has taught us much. Self managed school shops are very difficult to manage, have hidden costs and don’t provide you with marketing materials necessary to make your shop a success. We strongly urge you to reconsider buying products for your shop yourself – whether you work with our company or not.
Negatives of self managed holiday shops:
- Chances are you will be stuck with what you don’t sell – all of our merchandise is on consignment
- Going to pay shipping when you buy your products up front – no shipping charges with us
- You will pay shipping when you place re-orders – not with us.
- You will not have selling and marketing materials; such as bags, tablecloths, posters, envelopes, etc – you get all that and more from us.
- Lots of paperwork to do – not with us
- You will be wind up making numerous runs to local 99¢ cent stores to re-stock – need more goods, call us
- Most 99¢ stores don’t carry customized items. We have personalized items for moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends.
Proper Planning for your In School Holiday Gift Shop is Very Important
School holiday shop planning is extremely important – like the adage goes “Good planning prevents poor Performance”.
Best Practices for Planning your Holiday Shop
- Decide how much merchandise you think you’ll need
- Get proper approval from decision maker
- Plan your dates ahead of time
- Reserve your space; room, auditorium, etc
- Line up some reliable volunteers
- Open boxes upon delivery – confirm inventory
- Group your opened merchandise properly
- Decide if you are marking up your merchandise, and if so, by how much
- Allow one extra day for snow day or other delays
- Set up a “Preview Day”, for students to browse what they want to buy
- Make sure you have enough change on hand for transactions
Facts to Running a Successful In School Holiday Gift Shop
The success of your holiday shop is tied to the vendor you choose. Please make sure your supplier provides you with all the online resources, selling materials and customer support to make your shop a success.
Make your Holiday Shop a Real Success: plan your school holiday shop sale
- Volunteer and sponsor commitment is key to a successful holiday shop – be hands on
- Distribute parent letters to the children according to your schedule
- Place shop posters in high visibility areas
- Mark all tables properly for ease of shopping
- Take advantage of the support materials, such as:
- Gift certificates
- Online resources
- Cash register App
- Animated “kick of video“
- Tablecloths – help create a festive mood
- Gift Bags – makes it easy for the kids
- Shopper budget envelopes – urge parents to fill them out, especially for younger students
- Display all products – don’t pre-judge what you think will sell – kids are fickle – and you would be surprised at how much money their parents gave them to spend
- Creative a festive mood. Play holiday music – have some volunteers wear Santa hats – have fun and enjoy…and remember it’s all for the kids.
Customer Support from your Holiday Shop Vendor
Choosing the right supplier for your holiday shop is critical – it is the first and most important step once you decide to run a program. Here at SchoolHolidayShop.com we offer a full compliment of trained customer service people to handle any and all of your inquiries.
The Right Vendor Makes all the Difference – Make the Right Choice
- We have been servicing school accounts since 1965
- Online resources for re-orders and utilizing your custom management page
- Our offices are open 9-5 Monday through Friday (E.S.T.) – always a live person during those hours
- All staff call in for their messages if they are out or if we are closed for some reason
- We check our email’s remotely – so send us a message, we’ll answer it promptly
- All of our staff are well trained on questions about holiday shop sales
Questions & Answers Regarding Running a Holiday Shop
Q. Does Schoolholidayshop.com offer 24 hour online shop access?
A. Yes; and you can also self-invoice at a custom page built just for your school.
Q. Does your shop supplier offer you a “Gift Certificate” program?
A. We do, and it is a great way to make the shop even more successful.
Q. Does your supplier offer a “Show n’ Sell” option?
A. If you don’t have enough volunteers, this is an incredibly great idea –and it works.
Q. How many items do you have, how do they come packaged?
A. We have over 100 items and most of them come in color boxes.
Q. Can we re-order merchandise “every day”, can we place multiple reorders?
A. Yes and it will be shipped via overnight service – “no extra charge”
Q. Do you provide a multi-functional App which provides customized pricing and accepts secure credit card purchases?
A. Yes, we do – it is an amazing add-on to our service, products and customer support.
Q. Can our school request specific items for our school holiday shop?
A. Yes, we, often times, are able to accommodate special product requests – please inquire.
Q. Can you view all of the items and pricing online as opposed to empty promises and viewing small group shots?
A. With us you can – just take a look at all of well packaged items right now.
Q. Does your vendor carry $1,000,000 in product liability insurance?
A. We do – we have your your interests in mind.
Q. Does your vendor have a toll free number to call any time?
A. Call us toll free anytime. (1-800-645-6550).
Click and Print .PDF for your Next Meeting