Brand New! Online Holiday Shop Chairperson Management Website
- Safe and convenient customed website for school / sponsor - log-on to you "Personalized" site . It is so easy - simply enter your school code and pin - it is that easy...!
- Place your re-orders online -an incredibly easy way to place re-orders 24 hours a day at your convenience - just takes a few short minutes.
- Print "Free" extra forms and or additional flyers - print tent cards, order forms, parent letters, anything - any time.
- Live UPS tracking - an easy way to track everything and anything we send to you, which includes: initial shipments, re-orders, sponsor kits, carnival kits and anything else.
- Instant-Self-Invoicing - the easiest and most convenient way to manage your account and putting matters in "your hands", the ability to invoice when it is easy for you - at your convenience.
- Live customer support - any questions, we are just a phone call away
"All Inclusive Option" vs. Buying on your Own
Drawbacks of self managed holiday shops:
- You will be stuck with what you don’t sell – all our merchandise is on consignment
- You will pay shipping when you buy your products in bulk online – no shipping charges with us; ever
- You will not have selling and marketing materials; such as bags, tablecloths, posters, envelopes, etc – you get all that and more from us.
- You will probably have a huge paperwork load – but not with us
- You will be wind up making numerous runs to local discount stores to re-stock – if your school or PTA need more goods - simply call us or order them online at our site
- Most discount stores don’t carry customized items – but with us you have plenty of choices
Proper Planning is Critical for your School Holiday Shop
School holiday shop planning is extremely important – like the adage goes “Good planning prevents poor Performance”. If you need assistance or have questions on “best practices” please call our office at 1-800-645-6550. We understand the issues related to running a holiday gift shop / school santa shop - we can help guide you through all the steps - it's what we are here for.
"Best Practices" for Planning your School Holiday Shop
- Decide how much merchandise you think you’ll need - so we can send you the appropriate amount of merchandise in advance.
- Get proper approval from decision maker - it is smart to get approval first from the principal or disctrict before you get ahead of yourself.
- Plan your dates ahead of time - check the school calendar and find the best time to run the santa shop
- Reserve your space; room, auditorium, etc
- Line up some reliable volunteers - most schools will need around three total volunteers - but if you have a small school you may want to consider our "Wish List Shop".
- Open boxes upon delivery – confirm inventory
- Group your opened merchandise properly - and don't forget that all items are priced coded, and most include pictures of the item on the card.
- Decide if you are marking up your merchandise - and if so, by how much
- Allow one or two extra days for weather related issues or other issues which might crop up
- Set up a “Preview Day”, for students to browse what they want to buy
- Make sure you have enough change on hand for transactions
- Don't forget to download our "Cash Register App"
Keys to Running a Successful Holiday Boutique
The success of your holiday shop is, in part, based on your decision on which vendor you choose – make sure your supplier provides you with all the selling materials and customer support to make your shop a success – and remember, you have to take part in that process as well – but picking the right supplier will make all the difference.
Make your Holiday Shop a Real Success
- Volunteer and sponsor commitment is key to a successful holiday shop – be hands on
- Distribute parent letters to the children according to your schedule
- Place shop posters in high visibility areas
- Mark all items and or tables properly for ease of shopping
- Take advantage of the support materials, such as:
- Tablecloths – help create a festive mood
- Gift Bags – makes it easy for the kids
- Shopper budget envelopes – urge parents to fill them out, especially for younger students
- Display all products – don’t pre-judge what you think will sell – kids are fickle – and you would be surprised at how much money their parents gave them to spend
- Creative a festive mood. Play holiday music – have some volunteers wear Santa hats – have fun and enjoy...and remember it’s all for the kids.
Customer Support from your Secret Santa Shop Vendor
Choosing the right supplier for your holiday shop is critical - it is the first and most important step once you decide to run a program. Here at SchoolHolidayShop.com we offer a full compliment of trained customer service people to handle any and all of your inquiries.
The Right Vendor Makes all the Difference – Make the Right Choice
- We have been servicing school accounts since 1965
- Our offices are open 9-5 Monday through Friday (E.S.T.) – always a live person
- All staff call in for their messages if they are out or if we are closed for some reason
- We check our email’s remotely – so send us a message, we’ll answer it promptly
- All of our staff are well trained on questions about holiday shop sales
Questions & Answers Regarding Running a Holiday Shop
If you or your school is new to running a school holiday shop then you probably have questions – most people do. If you are new to working with the SchoolHolidayShop.com Company then you might have questions as well. If so, we have answers. Regardless of what vendor you choose make sure they have a platform for answering your questions or concerns.
Make Sure your Vendor has Answers
Q. How long has the company you are considering been servicing schools with gift products?
A. For SchoolHolidayShop.com (Tracy Hamilton Inc.) it has been since 1965.
Q. Does your holiday shop vendor offer a “Product Re-Order Guarantee?”
A. SchoolHolidayShop.com does – and based on your sale and product needs, we will ship re-orders received by 2:00 EST.
Q. Does your vendor offer a “Product Wishes IOU” program?
A. If there is child, who is on the line shopping, and he sees an item he wants, but another child buys the “last one” right before him, we’ll guarantee you another one or we’ll send you $5.00.
Q. Can our school request specific items for our school holiday shop?
A. Yes, we, often times, are able to accommodate special product requests – please inquire.
Q. Can we view all of your items and pricing online?
A. Yes, simply go to: http://schoolholidayshop.com/holiday-products.htm
Q. Are the products from your supplier really on consignment – can we send back what we don’t sell?
A. You pay for nothing up front from us – you send back what’s left, no hidden charges or fees.
Q. Can we mark up the products; so the shop is like a fundraiser too?
A. Yes, you can. You can mark it up as much as you like – some schools mark it up 10-15%.
Q. Does your vendor have enough product liability insurance?
A. Make sure they do, we have over $2,000,000 in insurance.
Q. Does your vendor have a toll free number to call any time?
A. Here at the SchoolHolidayShop.com Company you can call toll free anytime. (1-800-645-6550)
SchoolHolidayShop.com vs. Competition
There are a number of companies that offer holiday shops, some that offer good services – and many more that do not. So, we urge you to shop and compare – it’s the prudent thing to do. We hope you choose a company with vast experience, a company in business since 1965. SchoolHolidayShop.com
Use this "Holiday Shop Guide" to Decide on your Vendor of Choice
|Important Value Questions||SHS||Competitor A||Competitor
|Does the competition offer 24 hour online re-ordering?||YES|
|Can you quickly and easily "self invoice" online?||YES|
|Do they create a custom page just for your school?||YES|
|Do they guarantee the quality of their merchandise?||YES|
|Do they offer incentives at their site?||YES|
|When did they start selling gift product to schools?||1965|
|Do they have nearly 100 items to choose from?||YES|
|Do they provide all merchandise on consignment?||YES|
|Will they send more merchandise than our school sold last year we aren’t running out of product all the time?||YES|
|Is their product “Price Group” coded?||YES|
|Do they allow you to set your own prices?||YES|
|Can we have our merchandise delivered at least one week before our sale starts to make sure all products are delivered on time and give us time to set up our tables?||YES|
|Does supplier pay for all freight charges?||YES|
|Do they Provide a Success Manual?||YES|
|Do they Provide Full Color Posters?||YES|
|Do they Provide "Gift Guide Envelopes"?||YES|
|Do they Provide Flyers for the students to take home?||YES|
|Do they provide Decorative Gift Bags?||YES|
|Do they Provide Plastic Shopping Bags to protect the merchandise from the rain?||YES|
|Do they have one million dollars in product liability coverage?||YES|