Holiday Shop for Schools. A wonderful and fun time for the children and parents alike.
School Christmas shop. Most items priced under $5.00 each – very affordable.
Brand New! “Gold Client Plan“. Over 25 FREE services; they are all part of our program.
New! “No Count Inventory“. Simply sell the merchandise and send it back to us – it does not get any easier than this.
New! For 2016 we now offer you the convenience of running what we call the “Show n’ Sell” option. Perfect for schools or PTA / PTO groups short on volunteers, space or time. It is so convenient – we send you one sample of each item and then you give the children are given order forms, they walk through the shop – turn them in – and then we send you the merchandise. The wish list shop is the newest thing and it can reduce the stress of running a standard shop.
So cool! The expanded use of our “Gift Certificate” program, which allows you and the children to send emails to friends, family, associates who could then purchase gift certificates which you can print and they can be used as currency in the holiday shop. It is also convenient for moms and dads to simply print them for their children and pay via credit card. So you don’t have to worry about your child losing cash money. Each certificate comes with its own unique number so you don’t have to worry if your child loses it.
New! Now your volunteers can accept credit cards through our “Cash Register App” – this is a great way to increase sales and make it convenient for for shops that run at night or on weekends. There are no fees or extra charges to use this component.
We now offer 24/7 online ordering – and a personalized web sites for all of our holiday shop clients. Simply log into your account at Schoolholidayshop.com with your school code and pin in the upper right hand corner of our home page. There you will be able to track shipments, track orders, place re-orders, view shipments, order additional supplies and most importantly, you will be able to process your own invoice whenever you wish.
Schoolholidayshop.com offers an extensive selection of very reasonably priced gifts items – many of them priced for as little as $.25 each. We have a great selection of items to look at. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at 800.645.6550 – and as a division of Tracy Hamilton Inc. (Fundraisingzone.com) we will be here to support you in your upcoming plans to run a school holiday shopper.
If your elementary school is interested in setting up a shop we can assist you. We have many resources and information about running a school gift shop program. We suggest downloading our Best Practices / School Board document. Or, just give us a call at 800.645.6550 and speak with a school holiday shop customer service person. And, if you have questions about running an elementary school holiday gift shop then please visit our “Questions & Answers” page.
School Holiday Shops
School holiday shops are enjoyable and fun – the kids love them. Run it as a fundraiser and mark up the items anywhere from 10% to 20% or more. School gift shop ideas have been a large part of the elementary schoolchildren experience for decades. Our “gold client plan”, cash register app, online ordering, UPS order tracking, gift certificates and more makes our Santa shop a winner. We are a top rated national provider of school holiday shop programs. These programs are referred to by a variety of names, such as: school Christmas shop, in–school holiday shop, school holiday shop fundraiser, holiday shoppes, secret Santa shop, school holiday gift shop. Children have fun – it is safe – risk free way for young children to have fun.
School holiday gift shops are a safe, easy and fun. Kids get to shop without their parents around – they love it. They are a wonderful way for your elementary school to provide a “good time” and fun-filled, well disciplined “shopping day” for the children. So, if your school is looking to run a “school holiday shop” then please give us a call at 800.645.6550. We will address any questions or concerns you might have.
We have been working with schools for over fifty years. Regardless of how a “School Christmas Shop” is referred to, we have what it takes to make yours a success. We have lots of experience in working with schools. You can run it as a service or a holiday shop fundraising program. Finally, we have some great special incentives for your school to take advantage of – please review our offers.
Join us on social media at schoolholidayshop.com or @kidsschoolshop
SANTA SHOP FOR SCHOOLS
The parent group leaders should never lose track on of very important thing. Self funded holiday shops can be very difficult to manage and have a lot of “hidden” costs.
Primarily, a local store or online retail vendor does not specialize in “school holiday shops” items. They don’t provide the selling materials necessary to make your shop a success – we do. And, although you may save some money purchasing your products locally, it actually costs more. Add up the extra costs, such as gas, time, unsold merchandise, storing the unsold merchandise, etc. The choice to “go local” is filled with pitfalls. We urge you to choose a reputable school holiday shop vendor as apposed to trying to buy all the products independently. Below are some important “school holiday shop” pointers to keep in mind during the decision making process.
Run your “In School Holiday Shop” with a qualified supplier with experience – Review Reasons Below:
- The parent group will be stuck with what you don’t sell – but all our merchandise is on consignment
- You will pay shipping when you buy your products up front – no shipping charges with us
- You will pay shipping when you place re-orders – not with us.
- The PTA will not have selling and marketing materials; such as bags, tablecloths, posters, envelopes, etc – you get all that and more from us.
- You will probably have a huge paperwork load – but not with us
- You will wind up making numerous runs to local 99¢ cent stores to re-stock – need more goods, call us
- Most 99¢ stores don’t carry customized items – we do.
Key aspects to School santa shop planning is extremely important – like the adage goes “Good planning prevents poor Performance”. So, please make sure you take the time in planning your school santa shop or holiday shop, and if you need assistance or have questions on “best practices” the please visit our “Contact us” page and send us your “Holiday Shop” questions.
Best Practice for your School Holiday Shop
- Estimate how much merchandise your school will require
- Get proper approval or authorization from “school holiday shop” decision maker; such as principal or vice principal
- Plan your shoppe dates way ahead of time – and sign up early to get a start date that “you” want
- Reserve your space; room, auditorium, etc
- Line up the appropriate number of reliable volunteers
- Open boxes upon delivery – confirm all holiday shop inventory
- Group your opened merchandise properly and use our free tent cards for pricing
- Decide how you will mark up the merchandise – that decision is yours alone – not ours
- Allow one extra day for snow day or other delays
- Set up a “Preview Day”, for students to browse what they want to buy
- Make sure you have enough change on hand for transactions
The success of your school holiday shop is, in large part, based on your choice of supplier / vendor. Make sure your supplier provides you with all the selling materials and customer support to make your shop a success – and remember, you have to take part in that process as well – but picking the right supplier will make all the difference.
How to Make your School Holiday Shop a Great Success
- Volunteer and sponsor commitment is key – you have to be “hands on” and “involved”
- Distribute parent letters to the children according to your schedule
- Place shop posters in high visibility areas such as lunchroom and front office
- Mark all tables properly for ease of shopping
- Take advantage of the support materials, such as:
- Tablecloths – help create a festive mood
- Free tent cards – they can be pre priced with a 10% or 20% markup or you can customize them
- Gift Bags – makes it easy for the kids; they come in three different sizes
- Budget envelopes – urge parents to fill them out, especially for younger students
- Display all products – try not to pre-judge what you think will sell – kids are fickle – and you would be surprised at how much money their parents give them to spend
- Creative a festive mood. Play holiday music – have some volunteers wear Santa hats – have fun and enjoy…and remember it’s all for the kids.
The Right Vendor Makes all the Difference – Make the Right Choice
- We have been servicing school accounts for over 50 years
- Our offices are open 9-5 Monday through Friday (E.S.T.) – always a live person
- All staff call in for their messages if they are out or if we are closed for some reason
- We check our email remotely – so send us a message, we’ll answer it promptly
- We are well trained on questions about holiday shop sales
- You can get support from both our corporate sales office and our logistics facility (Two for the price of one)
- We can get your firm dates later in the season
- Choose how you want to customize your shop
- Confirm cash back money or free spending bucks
- Relax – you have a company with 50 yrs. experience
- At your doorstep around four weeks before shop start date
- Comprehensive “How to Manual”
- Full sized color posters
- Color 8.5” x 11” Parent Letters
- Nicely printed “Budget Envelopes”
- Info for utilizing your “always assessable” custom web site
- All items are “price coded” according to the markup chosen
- Items arrive around one week before shop begins
- Three different sized color bags arrive for the kids to use
- Free tablecloths arrive
- Free tent cards in color for each item
- “Volunteer Gear” arrives – 100% Free
- Log into Schoolholidayshop.com
- Choose “No-Count Cash in Box” option or “Count Inventory” option
- Take your deductions and create your own invoice
- Send unsold items back – we pay all the freight..!
- “Ta-da..!” – Enjoy the Holidays
School holiday Shop Fundraising | Amazing Incentives | Show n’ Sell | Holiday Shop Cash Register App | Secret Santa Shop | Dad & Grandpa Items | Brother, Sister & Friend Items | Free Request Kit | School Holiday Gift Shop | School Holiday Shop Highlights | Plan Your School Holiday Shop | Santa Shoppe Help Desk | Holiday Shop – Contact Us Information | Gold Client Plan | Mom & Grandma Items | Sign Up Now for Your School Gift Shop